· Don't sleep in a bedroom
that contains freshly dry cleaned clothing or mothballs. Wearing
freshly dry cleaned clothes increases your chance of cancer.
· Use only natural cleaning products for dishes, floors,
laundry, disinfectants and deodorizers. Use no scented sheets
in the dryer. Use Bon Ami polishing powder for scouring powder.
Use no aerosol or pine smelling cleaning materials or anything
that contains phenol.
· Use only natural personal body products and cosmetics,
and use "Essential" sanitary napkins. Use pure cotton diapers
or "Tushies" for disposable diapers. Buy at health food stores
or call N.E.E.D.S. 800.634.1380.
· Do not use fingernail polish or remover. · Use only
natural food dyes. · Don't eat fish from the Great Lakes or
other lakes where the water is heavily polluted with chemicals.1h,7
(If such fish are eaten two to three times a month, the babies
can have a smaller heads and brains than normal. Those with
elevated PCBs can be delayed developmentally so they talk and
walk late, and some have significant learning problems.)1j,8
· Don't wash your dog with a flea pesticide solution
or put a pest collar on your dog because this can cause a six
fold increase in your unborn child's chance of developing some
form of cancer (leukemia or lymphoma) by the age of six or seven
· Avoid cigarette or tobacco smoke and alcohol in all
forms. · Avoid all obvious chemical odors. Be the first in the
beauty parlor on a slow day, before it is too heavily polluted.
Use your own non-allergenic hairspray, such as "Clinique."
· Do not dye your hair. If you do, use entirely natural
dye from health food store.
· Do not use any pesticide inside or outside of your
house unless you are certain the chemicals used are entirely
safe. Avoid all pesticides. In one study when pregnant women
were exposed to PCBs, their infants had smaller penises and
increased behavior problems. In other studies, as PCB exposed
children grew older, they tended to developed thyroid disease
and learning problems.1k,9 Other studies have shown similar
changes in animals exposed to PCBs. (Get Set at 800.221.6188
has a helpful book entitled The Bug Stops Here that can be downloaded
at no charge from www.thebestcontrol.com or www.getipm.com.)
· Avoid all habit-forming addictive type drugs, such
as cocaine, Ritalin, etc. · Don't cook in Teflon
under high heat. (The chemicals given off can kill birds and
we do not know what it does to infants or humans.)
· Do not personally lay a synthetic carpet. Hard wood
or hard tile flooring and non-toxic glue are much preferred.
Non-toxic carpet is available: call 716-875-0398.
· Do not paint or remodel your baby's room unless you
use allergy-free paint.
· Decorate with cotton fabric and try to use only genuine
hard wood furniture. Use no plywood or particleboard because
it contains formaldehyde. (N.E.E.D.S., P.O. Box 580, East Syracuse
NY 13057. 800.634.1380.)
· Be wary of a moldy smelling home or room for an infant.
Molds can seriously harm infants in many ways.2,10 After the
Baby Is Here
· Use only natural organic cotton for clothing.
· Use washable or totally organic disposable cotton diapers
or disposable Tushies (800.344.6379).
· Do not use any chemical-smelling wipes.
· Try to breast feed. It was created for babies. (It
takes two to six hours for the foods a mother eats to reach
the breast milk so you can often easily detect food allergies
if a mother eats a food to which her infant is sensitive. Chemicals
can pass into the breast more quickly than foods.)
· If you can't or won't breast feed, heat non-genetically
engineered milk or soy in a glass bottle in a pot of water.
· Buy no irradiated foods or milk. They can cause a 20
to 80 % decrease in nutrients. Irradiation can cause a sevenfold
increase in benzene in irradiated beef. This solvent is a cause
of leukemia in children. In animal studies, heart lesions developed
in 83% of 25 animals in 85 days when they were fed uncooked
irradiated milk. Control animals had no heart lesions. I know
of no studies to verify the safety of irradiated products in
the human fetus, newborn, or children.1m,11
· Heat nothing in plastic and nothing in a microwave.
(It decreases the nutrient and energy value of foods and can
contaminate the heated food with the dangerous or harmful chemicals
found in plastic.) Do not freeze or heat anything in plastic.
· Feed your infant only organic food that you prepare,
or natural baby food from health food stores. (One study showed
that 76 non-organic baby foods contained 16 different pesticides.
Every day 77,000 infants are fed commercial non-organic foods
that contain unsafe levels of pesticides1n,12 · Give your baby
only natural organic vitamins.
· Read Sherri Tenpenny's website entitled email@example.com
before you make any decisions about immunization with vaccines.
Many studies indicate infant damage because of many trace metals,
such as mercury, found in most vaccines.13a,b