Choosing A Safe Christmas Tree

Natural or synthetic trees both can cause allergies. Notice if you feel well before you set the tree up and definitely feel unwell within a few hours to a day or two. Sometimes the health problems appear that quickly. Remember, allergies can affect any part of your body and can do much more than cause hay fever or asthma. It can affect your digestion, nervous systems, joints and discrete areas of the brain.

The smell of natural pine trees or exposure to pine pollen when they are pollinating can make some allergic people sick. Studies of Christmas trees indicate that some of them have been spraying with multiple toxic insecticides, herbicides, fungicides, etc. Most people are not sensitive to these chemicals, but if you are, you’ll know it very quickly. If you develop some health concerns shortly after the Christmas tree is erected or decorated, get someone else to remove the tree from your home immediately.Do what you can to eliminate the smell. A quality Austin Air purifier would be most helpful in removing chemical odors, as well as dust, mold, and pollen from your home’s air. Call 1-800-787-8780 or 602-574-7635 for a discount.

Artificial trees can be hazardous, if they are made of polyvinyl-chloride plastic and some are contaminated with some carcinogenic chemicals such as dioxin.

Some of the chemicals used on trees are toxic to frogs, fish, bees, birds, as well as humans. If you can find an organic Christmas tree, it is certainly much safer. A few farmers do not use chemicals on their trees.

I hope this helps you to select a tree that will not harm you or anyone in your family.

If your tree does appear to cause severe medical illness, go to the hospital. If the problems are mild, try taking a 1/8th to 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water. Charcoal capsules (any drugstore) can also be useful to help you absorb and expel the chemicals in your body.

If you suddenly develop symptoms such as a rash, hayfever, asthma or a change in behavior or activity when near your Christmas tree, this suggests a possible allergy. Also note, at rest, if your pulse goes over 100 or your breathing, using a Peak Flow meter, drops by over 20% within an hour or so after exposure to a Christmas tree. This could happen if you are allergic and exposed to some possible offending natural or synthetic tree.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

61,962 Spam Comments Blocked so far by Spam Free Wordpress

HTML tags are not allowed.

Tags:
Separate individual tags by commas
Copyright 2012 | DrRapp.com